Life Requires Planning; we are here for you.
Douglas A. Fendrick, Esq.
I feel fortunate to work in a field that allows me to be able to do good for people. To help them, be that in the estate planning or elder law arena. I am very proud of our office and of the relationships, we have built over many years and, in many cases, multiple generations, with our clients. We work hard, as a team, to provide excellent service to our clients and their loved ones. Compassionately and effectively helping clients navigate the maze of estate and elder laws while preserving assets and providing for loved ones, is one of the many ways we deliver the high-quality services that our firm has built its reputation upon.
Mr. Fendrick founded the firm in 2001. He has always had a heart for seniors and their families, and feels strongly that we all should be able to age with dignity, with as few complications and as much protection and preservation as possible for ourselves, our families and our assets.
With that core firm mission in mind, Mr. Fendrick advises clients in the areas of estate and tax planning and elder law. He is not a traditional estate planning attorney, nor is he a traditional elder law attorney. Instead, Mr. Fendrick’s practice has married those two distinct, but complementary, practices into one. He offers a wide range of services to his clients including, but not limited to, estate planning, elder law, Medicaid planning, special needs trusts and guardianships.
In addition to his Law Degree and Masters’ Degree in Taxation, Mr. Fendrick is a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) and a CPA. He lectures frequently on all areas of estate planning, elder law, special needs planning and estate administration.
Additionally, as a Life Care Planning Law Firm, Mr. Fendrick works closely with other members of the firm to help clients identify the appropriate services regarding health care, and to help family members make long-term care decisions regarding their elder loved ones. A Life Care Plan considers the care of the individual in addition to the legal protection needed to safeguard assets, all while honoring your loved one’s wishes.
Mr. Fendrick, a Cherry Hill native, now resides in Voorhees, NJ, with his wife Mindy. Together, they have three children, Jessica, Justin and Emily.
- Life Care Planning Law Firm Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- National Association of Estate Planners and Councils
- Estate and Financial Planning Council of Southern New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Real Property and Probate and Elder Law Sections
- Camden County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Former IRS trial attorney
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (“CELA”), National Elder Law Foundation
- Accredited Estate Planning specialist through the American Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant
- Founders award recipient, The Estate and Financial Planning Council of Southern New Jersey, 2016
- Accredited by the Veterans Administration to counsel clients regarding veterans benefits
- NJ Super Lawyers 2007, 2009 – 2012, 2018 – 2021, only top 5% of NJ lawyers are named Super Lawyers*
*Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. The objective is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel. Additional information about the methodology used for Super Lawyer designation may be found here https://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved or sanctioned by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Plan New Jersey, former board member
- Katz Jewish Community Center, former board member
- Trust Me: Drafting Fundamentals That Stand the Test of Time, New Jersey ICLE, May 2018
- Medicaid 101, CFP CE, Financial Planning Association, Philadelphia Center City CE Study Group, April 2018.
- Parkinson’s Support Group Deptford Library, NJ April 2018
- Medicaid 101 CLE, Estate and Financial Planning Council of Southern New Jersey (“EFPCSNJ”), March 2018
- Estate Administration Step By Step, National Business Institute (NBI), Cherry Hill, NJ December 2017
- Estate Planning from A-Z, NBI, Vineland, NJ, October 2017
- Trust 101, NBI, Cherry Hill, NJ, October 2016
- Estate Planning for Children, NBI, Cherry Hill, NJ August 2016
- What PA Lawyers Need to Know About New Jersey Practice, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI), May 2016
- Drafting IRA Trusts, NBI, Cherry Hill, NJ 2016
- Advanced Elder Law, NBI, February 2015
- Top Estate Planning Technique, NBI Cherry Hill, NJ June 2014
- LL.M degree, taxation, Temple University
- J.D. degree, with honors, Rutgers University School of Law, Camden
- Certified Public Accountant
- B.S. degree, Accounting, cum laude, Rider University
- New Jersey
- U.S. tax court